Primary Location: Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Function: Other
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 76322
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
**This position can be filled in Little Rock, AR or New Orleans, LA**
This position will be responsible for daily operational management and support of Business Services technical tasks and activities. These include providing automation solutions, development and support of operational databases, reporting (reoccurring and adhoc) and other technical processes. Additionally this role will be responsible for a wide range of data analysis under general supervision of supervisors and managers.
- Provide strategy and recommendations to streamline and improve tedious and time-consuming procedures and improve overall productivity by developing, implementing, and educating others in the effective and efficient use of automated tools and processes.
- This is a highly technical position that, must deliver responses to requests for data using various tools and systems including the ability to develop, communicate and/or write program logic.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert through strong working knowledge of existing systems, and new technology tools.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with many individual and work groups including the operating companies' leadership.
- Must be highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused and a team player.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to communicate promptly and effectively, and to appropriate levels of leadership.
- Ability to influence decisions to bring solutions and measureable improvements to Business Services and other Utility Operations groups.
- Interact with the CCS Maintenance team as needed until complete resolution is achieved for all SNOW cases/incidents input on behalf of teams supported
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's Degree in a technical related field required, with experience in automation solutions. Desired: Master's Degree
- Bachelor degree required with preference for Computer Science, or Management Information Systems- MBA in these areas is a plus
Minimum experience required of the position
6-8years of professional experience.
- Desired:8 years of Business IT applications experience including automation development
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Must have advanced proficiency with MS Access including in depth database programming knowledge, using diverse tools and languages (VBA.net, C++, etc.)
- Must have demonstratable working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server, ORACLE or equivalent RDBMS relational database management system. Ability to create and execute simple to moderately complex queries
- Desire working knowledge and familiarity with MS Visual Studio (6.0 or (link removed)) and other developmental tools such as Winbatch and PERL
- Desire technical experience with utility customer operational processes (specifically SAP/ISU)
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to analyze data using complex spreadsheets/databases and demonstrating personal creative thinking
- Business Warehouse experience desired
- Advanced communication and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to build and lead teams
- Ability to understand and direct technical solutions
- Ability to apply concepts and experience to complex assignments from a broad knowledge base
- Ability to work and excel within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple time sensitive projects effectively.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Office environment with minimal physical requirements. As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all e
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 17199772 littlerock