Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:32 AM
Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
NON BARGAINING UNIT:NBU
Number of Openings:
Up to 25
The Plant Supervisor reports directly to the Production Superintendent and directs, leads, and supervises a shift of operations personnel in a cross:functional multi:craft, multi:skilled plant environment at a conventional natural gas fired power plant and five hydroelectric generators. This team shares responsibility for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of these powerplants. The Plant Supervisor champions employee and contractor safety programs, drives continuous improvement in plant operations and maintenance and actively participates in budget development and the effective management of allocated financial resources. This position effectively manages operational and maintenance issues to support system needs, evaluates performance of and develops direct reports, maintains high standards of diversity and inclusion, ethics and integrity, and drives continuous improvement by serving as a champion of change.
1. Responsible for safety, compliance, budgeting, reliability, and all other aspects of conventional powerplant and hydroelectric powerplant operations. Provides direction to operational/maintenance personnel, schedules shift resources, and manages staffing issues. Provides leadership for and the development of direct reports in order to embrace a culture of strong fundamentals of operation and maintenance. Embraces human performance improvement initiatives.
2. Assures that plant operations and maintenance personnel comply with safe work practices and processes, comply with plant procedures, and efficiently and effectively operate and maintain the plant equipment. Develops, and maintains a high standard of performance through the use of operational procedures, operations rounds/trending, shift turnover, protection system functionality, water chemistry, system descriptions, maintenance procedures, etc. Ensures the safe isolation, lock:out and restoration of site equipment.
3. Provides and supports budget/project development and cost control for short range work plans and long range strategic planning. Prepares and manages budget in assigned areas. Responsible for project management, contract management and contractor oversight for routine and outage work in assigned areas.
Minimum education required of the position
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum experience required of the position
Three (3) years of Plant Operations/Power Boiler Experience and demonstrated supervisory leadership qualities.
Desired: 8:10 years of Plant Operations/Power Boiler Experience, 3:5 years of this period as a control board operator.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Must have an in depth knowledge of power plant systems, unit operating practices. These attributes must be at an Operating Technician Proficiency. Must be knowledgeable in unit cycle chemistry, its requirements, and corrective actions
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
• Location: Little Rock, malvern
• Post ID: 17436372 littlerock