What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing large scale network projects (including Market Integrations, New Technologies and Switch / Cell Integrations) within a multi-vendor infrastructure. The primary projects include macro new build, LTE carrier addition and existing cell site improvement.
Manage large-scale engineering projects using tools such as SiteTraker, SiteTerra, and XNG to insure objectives are met in a timely manner, within overall budget.
•Work closely with a variety of groups both within and outside the Network Teams (including RF Design, Cell, Switch & Data Engineering, Transport, Real Estate, Operations, System Performance, TNI Inventory, Translations, Revenue Assurance, Technical Support, Headquarters and Area Planning).
•Manage external vendors to meet targeted network milestones and integration dates.
•Support corporate initiatives for engineering and ensure adherence to network engineering standards.
•Maintain high performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty.
•Coordinate and Lead regular project meetings to keep the team abreast of (as well as track) overall status, changes, risks and major milestones.
•Escalate issues and crash project plans when necessary to keep schedules on-track.
•Establish contingency plans as needed throughout the duration of all projects.
•Provide regular status reports for all managed projects.
•Coordinate Lessons Learned post-mortem discussions to document and improve efficiencies of similar projects going forward.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel within the region to support overall project objectives.
- Technical experience within the cellular or telecommunications industry.
Even better if you have:
- A technical degree.
- PMP Certification.
- Project Management background.
- Knowledge of wireless network architecture preferred, to include hardware knowledge and experience of NOKIA, Alcatel-Lucent 5E / RAN infrastructure, Nortel IOS pMTX with Motorola RAN infrastructure and Ericsson LTE infrastructure (including ALU, Comverse & Glenayre Voicemail platforms as well as Digital Cross Connect products and Cisco / Juniper Routers).
- Solid understanding of telecommunications industry standards preferred, functions and platforms such as; T-1, DS-3, Microwave, Multiplexer and Transport equipment, PSTN Trunking and SS7.
- Knowledge and experience of project management concepts.
- Strong analytical and/or technical skills.
- PC and desktop applications competency (especially Microsoft Project & Microsoft Office).
- Strong Decision-making and Leadership abilities (especially as it pertains to providing direction to teams that do not directly report to you).
- Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited guidance / daily supervision.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are mandatory (including the ability to interact with technical & non-technical teams).
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Good communication Skills - Communicates effectively verbally and in writing (in a clear and concise manner). Applies appropriate grammar and listens attentively. Presents ideas in a logical, compelling manner in both small and large group settings.
- Displays a high level of involvement and commitment towards team’s success.
- Makes appropriate use of all available information and data.
- Anticipates future workload and prepares accordingly. Recognizes impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7665092-engineer-project-management-and-implementation
• Post ID: 14712502 littlerock