What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible process engineering and continuous improvement across various workstreams for the Service Management Organization (SMO). The SMO is responsible for enabling IT processes for change, incident, request, problem, and knowledge management following industry guidelines (ITIL) that align and support Verizon operations. As a team, the organization is responsible for simplifying processes across multiple organizations to deliver an improved experience to our wider employee base.
They will leverage Lean Six Sigma methodologies to identify areas of opportunity, develop solutions, and drive full execution across the business. This position facilitates business transformation efforts across one or more Verizon business units, with significant focus on change execution, utilizing agile/DevOps practices to deliver process change and functionality prioritized by the impacted process owners. This role will interface with all levels of the organization to conceptualize technology implementations, and will have the responsibility to interact with individual contributor “doers”, up to senior level leaders (VP, SVP, and CIO) across technology planning, analysis, and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lead a scrum team using Agile and DevOps practices.
Negotiate prioritization of work and delivery to meet committed timelines and release schedules.
Lead various types of business transformation initiatives including but not limited to VLSS Process Improvement and Design projects
Challenge the status-quo, identifying and driving efficiencies, improving existing processes and developing new ones as-needed.
Proactively and continuously assess impacted organizations’ position on the change curve (stakeholder analysis) and utilizing appropriate change management techniques to positively affect buy-in and alignment.
Provide active and aggressive leadership on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, and improve customer experience
Facilitate workgroup meetings, cross-functional workshops and VLSS Work-outs
Provide management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks
Maintain accurate and thorough project documentation/record keeping
Support workgroups and team members by providing just in time coaching on business transformation methodologies and tools
Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
Prepare materials and read-out in C-Level meetings to ensure strategic positioning and business plan achievement
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Strong organization, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience driving execution, design, and delivery of change in processes and large-scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and lead cross-functional groups; and to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- VLSS Black Belt or Green Belt Certification highly desired.
- Agile experience highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge across multiple disciplines (Policy, procedures, relationship management, executive communications, financial management, shareholder value, P*Q, KPI, business case process, financial strategy of run, grow and transform the business.)
- Working knowledge of IT operations management, business applications management and information security.
- Demonstrated experience with driving innovation – technology innovations, strategic planning, continuous service improvement, launching new products and services.
- Strong communication skills and evidence of driving transformation within organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of well-developed networking, negotiation and influence skills.
- Demonstrated track record of enabling business model innovation and driving competitive advantage.
- Understanding of products and services.
- Ability to participate and lead executive dialogues in regards to our services and capabilities.
- Experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with functional leaders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7654929-process-engineering-manager
• Post ID: 14712497 littlerock