What you’ll be doing...
The Security Risk Manager will be responsible for leading a group of three Security Program/Project Managers that manage Security sponsored projects and initiatives across the enterprise IT organizations to ensure proper implementation and associated security policy compliance. This position will also manage a new group of employees tasked with owning, tracking, managing, and reporting on a wide range of Tactical Security Compliance initiatives through their resolution. Tactical items will be funneled to this team by multiple internal groups (IT Risk, CPI-810 Compliance, PCI Compliance, Security Engineering, IT Application/Infrastructure teams, multiple CISO organizations, etc), and they will manage the required remediations across both IT and Non-IT organizations based on the ultimate remediation owner.
- Provide Leadership and overall direction regarding key Security and Compliance Remediation Programs/Projects per accepted project management and security practices targeted to reduce overall security risks. In this role ensure Security Programs are implemented / remediated per the latest Security Requirements. Function as the IT Security champion for all of these program initiatives and act as the primary escalation point. Work across both IT and Non-IT organizations to educate teams on ensure they understand the clear priorities and benefits for managed initiatives.
- Establish and maintain appropriate metrics to provide clear readouts that demonstrate whether the managed initiatives are tracking to plans or need adjustment / escalation to gain improved performance or traction with the cross functional teams. Develop and maintain ongoing executive level reporting framework that will be used by the appropriate ISO to provide progress and areas for improvement with managed initiatives.
- Staff, manage and develop direct reports per Verizon practices. Plan human resources based on headcount and diversity targets and staff vacancies in timely fashion. Follow EEO guidelines in hiring and promotion of employees. Participate in employee salary planning and administration. Motivate, mentor, train and advise team members on the importance of IT Security compliance and ensure individual development plans are built and executed to achieve a productive team. Manage employee performance in a timely and consistent fashion per company policies and practices. Ensure people resources are appropriately aligned to assigned projects and responsibilities based on skills and performance. Partner with other leaders and subject matter experts on other IT Security teams to provide project support and cross train people resources. Ensure work environment is compliant to corporate code of conduct guidelines including safety, civil treatment of others, and privacy of customer information.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 6 or more years of relevant work experience.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience.
- 6 or more years in an Information Security, Software Development/Support and /or IT Project Management positions.
Even better if you have:
- CISM/CISA certification or willingness to obtain within 6-9 months
- PMP certification beneficial but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and organizational skills with a background in information security or another IT based discipline.
- An understanding of the IT SDLC processes, both agile and traditional.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across various technical and project management organizations.
- Proven ability to manage small teams to successfully deliver project deliverables on time while providing effective status communications and mitigation planning when deliverables are not met.
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Demonstrated understanding of Verizon CPI-810 policies (or similar corporate policies) and how they apply to SDLC or infrastructure practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to prepare and provide senior leader level project / issue statuses and presentations using MS PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Prior experience producing procedural or policy related documentation for technical or business reference is a plus.
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams to drive project initiatives to final conclusion.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2505550-security-risk-manager
• Post ID: 17809222 littlerock