What you’ll be doing...
This is a Wireless Engineering entry position that will be responsible for the engineering and administrative functions associated with the design, installation and inventory on interconnection facilities required for the provisioning of wireless service in the Houston Gulf Cost/South Central Markets.
- Order equipment associated with transport facilities.
- Design, plan and implement the growth and utilization of the network, including new cell, new carriers, data, as well as monitoring utilization and performance of live circuits.
- Design, order and provision EBH circuits for new cell sites meeting new-build interconnect project timelines.
- Design, order and provision Dark Fiber circuits for new cell sites meeting new-build interconnect project timelines.
- Design, order and project manage the timely uplift of existing facilities to meet network needs.
- Design plans for migration of all transport including microwave through an L2/L3 Multilayer Switch, Routers or Multiplexer with digital cross connect capability.
- Document circuit designs, transport equipment and transport backbone in Granite Inventory Tool (XNG) database.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Knowledge of wireless network infrastructure, functionality and design.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong computer skills. Mastery of Excel &Word, VISIO, PowerPoint, and Access and capable of learning new programs quickly.
- Self-Motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well within different workgroups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills with the ability to work cross-functionally at different levels within the organization are preferred.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment – Routers, Switches, Multilayer Switch, DWDM, and CWDM equipment is preferred.
- Familiarity with the following:
- Ericsson Granite Inventory Tool (XNG)
- ASR’s (manual, QORA, EASE, WISOR & AT&T Access Ordering)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7665081-network-operations-engineer
• Post ID: 14712607 littlerock