At Entergy (NYSE: ETR), we power life. More than 100 years ago, our founder Harvey Couch started this company with a handshake, some sawdust and a vision.
Couch wanted to bring safe, affordable, reliable energy to the Middle South energy that would power the lives of people and communities.
Today, Entergy is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations.We own and operate power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power.
The 13,000 men and women of Entergy deliver electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, generating annual revenues of approximately $10.8 billion.
Entergy Corporation is a Fortune-300 company that has won numerous awards for safety, diversity, and social responsibility
Learn more about our Corporate, Utility, Nuclear, Power Generation, Gas & Transmission businesses here:(link removed).
Primary Location: Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Function: Other
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU</span>
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 76783
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
Responsible for execution of substation and relay construction/maintenance projects providing technical support, oversight, scheduling, monitoring, coordination, and management support.
- Oversee & monitor the safety and performance of contractors and company personnel ensuring crews work safely, efficiently and effectively. This includes performing field safety observations within assigned work group for both employees and contractors.
- Ensure all facilities and assets are installed and commissioned per the established design and in accordance with company standards and confirm with diagnostic testing or inspection.
- Work closely with Supervisor, assigned Planner/Scheduler, Substation Operations Engineers as well as Transmission Specialists to support construction and maintenance plans to ensure scheduled work/outages are optimized.
- Be available for to provide on call support for outage and other unplanned events within assigned area as needed.
- Be able to perform the duties of your immediate supervisor (except for approvals governed by system policies) when needed due to vacation or other times when the supervisor is not available.
- Provide field support to substation and relay personnel to assure compliance with work management and configuration management procedures. Follow up on the closure of projects ensuring SWMS is properly updated and equipment is placed in service in a safe and efficient manner following all applicable procedures.
- Coordinate material orders and deliveries, equipment staging and set-up, jobsite readiness, and switching. Assist with preparing site specific hazard identification plans. Complete post job audit and ensure jobsite cleanup is complete to include appropriate accounting of excess materials to be either returned to stores or properly moved to another project using appropriate processes and approved procedures.
Minimum education required of the position - High School Diploma or equivalent or related work experience;
Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
Minimum 6 years of transmission / distribution line, substation, or transmission project experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Technical Knowledge of procedures, maintenance, and operations of transmission & distribution lines. Knowledge of transmission line, substation, or relay equipment, material, and construction practices. Understand and be able to communicate with others in transmission, substation, or protection disciplines. Strong knowledge of computers and related technology. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to take and understand directives and complete tasks. Excellent leadership skills. Strong decision making skills. Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities. Ability to work well under pressure. Self-motivated and dependable team player. Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace and have the ability to mitigate the hazards. Ability to maintain and care for Company equipment properly and safeguard assets. Ability to meet the public in a pleasant and tactful manner and understand the importance of delivering a high level of customer service. Demonstrated acceptance of a diverse and inclusive work environment and customer base. Desired: Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement and have the ability to enact change; Ability to lead and participate in problem solving teams as required.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, d
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 17485507 littlerock